Why do people give gifts to others ?
Describe a cloth that someone gave to you .
2. 用礼物来加强与在乎的人之间的感情， 也是表达爱意的一种方式。
4. 用礼物作为一种奖励， 用来肯定某人的某些表现。
1. First and foremost, it is a tradition to give gifts on occasions like Christmas and New Year. It is becoming an expected ritual now.
2. Another valid reason for giving gifts to others is that others are of value to us. Gift-giving occasions are opportunities to affirm one's personal bonds to loved ones. It is just a way of showing affection.
3. Gift occasions can also be used for promoting your business. Companies give gifts on New Year, especially to their customers as atoken of appreciation for their support.
4. Gifts are given for accomplishments. We may give gifts to reward another’s behavior such as a promotion or some achievement.
1. First and foremost, it is a tradition to give gifts on occasions， like Christmas and New Year ：第一也是最重要的一点，在一些重要的节日， 比如新年， 圣诞节，送礼物已经成了一种传统
2. first and foremost：第一也是最重要的一点
3. expected ritual：必要做的事情
4. Another valid reason for giving gifts to others is that others are of value to us：另一个说得通的(送礼物的)理由是那些人对我们很有价值
5. affirm one's personal bonds to loved ones：加强和自己所爱的人之间的纽带
6. showing affection：表达爱意
7. Gift Occasions can be used for promoting your business：送礼是一种做生意的手段
8. as a token of appreciation for their support：象征着对他们支持的感谢
9. Gifts are given for accomplishments：对他人成就的一种奖励
10. reward another’s behavior：奖励他们的某种行为