Sentence completion 1/完成句子 1
Use a gerund or an infinitive to completeeach sentence
1.We're going out for dinner.Would you like to join us?
2.Jack avoided looking at me.
3.Fred didn't have any money, so he decided to look for a job.
4.The teacher reminded the students to hand in their assignments.
5.Do you enjoy playing soccer?
6.I was broke, so Jenny offered to lend me a little money.
7.Mrs. Allen promised to give a short speech tomorrow.
8.My boss expects me to finish work this work ASAP.
9.Would you mind closing the door for me?10.Even though I asked the people in front of me at the movie to keep quiet, they kept talking.
11.Joan and David were considering to get married in June, but they finally decided to wait until August.
12.Our teacher encourages us to look up a dictionary whenever we are uncertain of the spelling of a word.
13.MS. Jackson had warned her young son to keep away from the hot stove.
14.Residents are not allowed to keep pets in my apartment building.
Sentence completion 2/完成句子2
Use an infinitive phrase to create activeand passive sentences
1. he teacher said to me, "You may leave early.'
The teacher permitted me toleave early.(active)
I was permitted to leaveearly.(passive)
2. The secretary said to me, "Please give this note to Sue.'
The secretary asked me the givethis note to Sue.(active)
I was asked to give this notedto Sue.(passive)
3. The hijacker said to the pilot, "You must land the plane.'
The hijacker forced the pilotto land the plane.(active)
The pilot was forced to landthe plane.(passive)
4. My advisor said to me, "You should take Biology 109.'
My advisor allowed me to takethe Biology 109.(active)
I was allowed to take theBiology 109.(passive)
5. Mr. Lee said to the children, "Be quiet.'
Mr. Lee told the children to bequiet.(active)
The children was told to bequiet.(passive)
6. The teacher said to the students, "Speak slowly and clearly.'
The teacher encouraged thestudents to speak slowly and clearly.(active)
The students were encouraged tospeak slowly and clearly.(passive)
Sentence completion 3/完成句子3
Use one of the verbs in the list tointroduce infinitive phrase
1. The professor said to Alan, "You may leave early."
The professor allowed Alan to leave early.
Alan was allowed to leave early.
2. The general said to the soldiers, "Surround the enemy!“
The general ordered the soldiers to surroundthe enemy.
The soldiers are ordered to surround theenemy.
3. Nancy said to me, "Would you please open the window?“
Nancy asked me to open thewindow.
I was asked to open the windowfor Nancy.
4. Bob said to me, "Don't forget to take your book back to the library.“
Bob reminded me not to take mybook back to the library.
I was reminded not to take mybook back to the library.
5. Paul thinks I have a good voice, so he said to me, "You should take singing lessons.“
Paul thinks I have a goodvoice, so he advised me to take singing lessons.
Paul thinks I have a goodvoice, so I was advised to take sing lessons.
advise – 5
remind – 4
allow – 1
ask – 3
order – 2