1. A). The rest of the chairs were hers. (B). There is no harm to sit down.
(C). She carries her chair with the others. (D). She relaxed in her chair.
2.(A). Tell me if you want some help. (B). Do you know where I can get help.
(C). I don’t think I can assist you. (D). Let me tell you what I know.
3.(A). I saw Connie while I was going downtown.
(B). Connie is going out of town.
(C). Connie was in my way.
(D). I saw Connie downtown.
4.(A). I have to pay the professor by check, don’t I?
(B). I should see the professor about the assignment, shouldn’t I?
(C). Did the professor check my assignment right away?
(D). Did you see if the professor is all right?
5.(A). He’s never lonely. (B). He started a business.
(C). He’s upset about business. (D). He upset his guests.
6.(A). Peter left his money on the end table.
(B). Peter left before the end of last week.
(C). By the weekend, Peter’s money has usually been spent.
(D). Last week Peter had money left over.
7.(A). Benjamin Franklin designed the hall.
(B). Benjamin Franklin built it from memory.
(C). It was built for Benjamin Franklin’s use.
(D). It was built in honor of Benjamin Franklin
8.(A). I don’t care for desserts very much.
(B).From now on, I will not eat so many desserts.
(C). I find it hard to keep myself from eating desserts.
(D). When will came, I was just starving to eat my dessert.
9.(A). Did you buy a new sweater on Sunday?
(B). Hasn’t the weather been strange this summer?
(C). It’s been very quiet this summer, hasn’t it?
(D). You don’t think the weather will change, do you?
10.(A). I read this book two times last year.
(B). Last year this book was half the price.
(C). You read that book twice as fast as I did.
(D). That book costs twenty cents more at the book fair.
11. (A). It was lemonade that Amy drank.
(B). What did Amy drink with her lemonade?
(C). Is this the lemonade that Amy drank?
(D). Amy likes to drink this kind of lemonade.
12. (A). The taxi must have been waiting for us all this time.
(B). To avoid being late, we should have called for a taxi earlier.
(C). Let’s look for a taxi to take us there immediately.
(D). The taxi will come as soon as we call for it.
13.(A). Isn’t he standing outside the museum?
(B). The art museum isn’t new.
(C). The new museum is excellent.
(D). Is the museum still standing?
14.(A). I expected to see them after the trip.
(B). I knew it would be a great trip.
(C), I expected to take on more trip.
(D). I thought the trip would be easier.
15.(A). She turned off the lights. (B). She found her look there.
(C). The class was canceled. (D). The class had arrived.
16.(A). The team will practice at the club swimming pool.
(B). The team is taking a train to the country.
(C). They’re going by train to swim in the country.
(D). It’s going to rain so the team can’t have practice.
17. (A). Harry didn’t attend any of his classes.
(B). Harry is no longer enrolled in college.
(C). Harry dropped his college diploma.
(D). Harry passed out in class.
18.(A). A Nobel Prize winner is scheduled to deliver the next speech.
(B). The next speaker will discuss the Nobel Prize.
(C). A Nobel Prize winner told us who the next speaker would be.
(D). The winners of the Nobel Prize will be posted next.
19. (A). The administration is opposed to building a new clinic.
(B). The administrative centre is across from the clinic.
(C). The clinic and administrative center are located in the same building.
(D). The clinic is much smaller than the administration building.
20.(A). He’s been delayed.
(B). He was run down by a bus late last night.
(C). He’s been running less lately.
(D). He seems quite tired recently.
DAABB CDCBB ABCDC ABABD
1. She rested din her armchair.
2. Let me know if I can help you.
3. On my way downtown, I saw Canny.
4. I have to check my assignment with the professor, right?
5. He’s set up his own company.
6. Peter seldom has money left by the end of the week.
7. Franklin Hall was built in memory of Benjamin Franklin.
8. I have no will power when it comes to eating dessert.
9. We have had quite an unusual weather this summer, don’t you agree?
10. This book costs two times as much as it did last year.
11. What Amy drank was lemonade.
12. If we’d called the taxi right away, we would have been there on time.
13. Isn’t the new art museum outstanding?
14. The trip is more exhausting than I had expected.
15. When Betty arrived at her 3 o’clock class, she discovered the door locked and the lights off.
16. The swimming team is going to train at the country club.
17. Although Henry passed all his courses, he dropped out of college in June.
18. A Noble Prize winner is slated to be the next speaker.
19. Opposite the clinic is the administration building.
20. Bob’s looking run-down lately.